2011/12/13

be short. 'Foutaises' by Jean Pierre Jeunet


____________________

Today, haunting for some inspiration I came across a short film by Jean Pierre Jeunet ('Amelie of Montmartre', 'Delicatessen'). Dominique, the Jeunet's alter ego, makes comments on life with a hint of sarcasm, dividing his surrounding to what he 'likes' and what he 'dislikes'.
The idea might seem trivial but as Jeunet let us drifting between simple observations: 'I like trains driving alongside' through infantile poetic ones:  'One thing I like... to open a book a few months after the holidays and find sand between the pages', poining at sublime but still dark-humoured existential conclusions: 'I hate to think we sleep a third of our life. But I like to think that after death can't be worse than before birth'.




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz